Here are some more breakfast smoothie recipes which will help get you off to a great start to the day!
Firstly, a text recipe which is followed by some more on video:
Green Morning Smoothie
While this is an excellent breakfast smoothie, you really can use it at any time during the day. Spinach and green apples are your main green ingredients here, and this basic recipe is going to yield anywhere between 3 and 4 cups. Packed with minerals, vitamins and essential amino acids, this particular smoothie is just as nutritious as it is delicious.
Use your imagination: If you are new to making green smoothies, it might be difficult to get used to the taste. This particular smoothie tastes amazing to most people, but you can always add flaxseed, Chia seeds, walnuts or almonds, kale, romaine lettuce and any other vegetables or fruits to experiment for just the right flavor. You also may want to add a little more water or another healthy liquid if you don’t like your smoothies thick.
Green Morning Smoothie Ingredients
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves, preferably organic
- 2 green apples, peeled, cored and diced or sliced
- 1 banana, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup purified or filtered water (replace with your favorite almond milk, coconut milk or coconut water for a healthy flavor boost)
Green Morning Smoothie Instructions
- Add 1/2 cup of your water to your blender, along with your spinach leaves. Blend well.
- Add banana and remaining water, blending well.
- Slowly add green apples, blending until the desired texture is achieved.
Nutrition per 1 cup – 90 calories, 0 g fat, 1 g protein, 10 mg sodium, 3 g fiber, 22 g carbohydrates
And here is the green smoothies video: